Strategies and practices to free you from anxiety, fear and panic.
Are you afraid of not being able to keep up with the pace of change? Better to start slowly…
Are you experiencing problems with restlessness, tension, or insomnia?
Are you sometimes overwhelmed by anxiety and a sense of worry?
According to large population-based surveys, up to 33.7% of the population are affected by an anxiety disorder during their lifetime. Anxiety can affect the way you think, the way you feel, and the way you live your life.
Those who have an anxiety condition:
- Often feel out of control of their health and life
- Experience higher levels of overall stress
- Often struggle with low self-esteem
- Feel nervous in many social situations
- Have difficulty managing pressure
- Often have unhealthy boundaries
- Regularly feel unsettled
- Regularly feel overwhelmed
- Feel disconnected or detached from reality and life
- Sometimes use/misuse substances to calm themselves down and have a higher risk of addiction
Description: Drawing on strategies and knowledge from two different traditions, this workshop offers you a powerful and profound approach to overcome anxiety, fear and panic. From the Western psychology, psychiatry and neuroscience, learn about the anxiety’s mechanism and the role your thoughts and emotions play in anxiety. From the tradition of meditation and self-reflective practices, discover your potential for presence, stillness, kindness and self-compassion. You will also learn concrete mindfulness skills to help you become more aware of and gain control over your anxiety.
Topics to be addressed: